As an 18 year resident of western North Carolina, I am ready to serve Henderson County based on my core values of family and education. As a school board member, I will be committed to understanding the importance of fiscal responsibility, and focused on the success of students.
- National Board Certified Teacher
- Teaching 28 years
- Master’s degree in Education
- Gifted Certification
- Master’s Certificate in Mathematics
- Master’s degree in College Counseling
- 1997 Teacher of the Year- Herman Schreiber School
- 1997 Chosen by Mayor Rudy Giuliani to open school year
- 1998 Microsoft Teacher of the Year Nominee
- 2007 Teacher of the Year at Claxton Elementary
- Math Curriculum Committee, Asheville City Schools
- Owner, Tutor, and College Counselor – Biltmore Tutoring
In my 28 years of teaching and counseling, I have always put the individual needs of each student into the formula of teaching. I have written curriculum and grants to improve the educational experience for not only my students, but all students in my community. My grants have led to over $3,000,000 of funds from outside corporations to be used for technology in the schools. I’ve been recognized as Teacher of the Year by two school systems and maintain a relationship with many of my former students, celebrating their successes as they go through adulthood.
Now, more than ever, the challenges we face demand leaders who fight for the dreams we all share for Henderson County. I see our world as rapidly changing due to technology, creating careers for some, but eliminating careers for others. In shaping our schools’ mission, we must understand how best to prepare our students for market needs, so they can earn competitive wages for their families. If elected, I will bring my wealth of experience and knowledge, with the goal of improving the educational experience of our children.